There are many resources out there to help you on your path.
For meditation, I currently use Insight Timer for the timer as well as guided meditations. There are also other resources in the app, such as courses you can take, meditation for kids and tracking your activity.
I am aware of Headspace and Calm as well, although I have no experience with either of those apps. From my experience, anything that assists you in achieving some level of peace in your life and helping you build on your awareness is worth a few minutes to try it.
Try and be consistent in your efforts. Five minutes of meditation a day is better than nothing. And don’t give up! It takes time.
Check out the Tips page to find more tips on creating a meditation and mindfulness practice.
Other resources you can explore include:
- Deepak Chopra’s meditation app – He often hosts free 21 day meditations and the app includes courses as well
- Don Miguel Ruiz
- Brother T-TV – A fun and insightful puppet whose mission is to bring some other worldly “food for thought” to those of us who are still waking up (YouTube)
- Celestial Phases – A beautiful community for yoga classes and meditations, with regular “live sales” of the most beautiful crystals you’ve ever seen
Here is a list of a few of the books and authors who have helped me along my path:
- Meditation for the Love of It – Sally Kempton
- The Four Agreements – don Miguel Ruiz (I’ve read this multiple times)
- The Fifth Agreement – don Miguel Ruiz
- The Mastery of Self – don Miguel Ruiz Jr.
- Metahuman – Deepak Chopra
- Think Like a Monk – Jay Shetty
- Creating on Purpose – Anodea Judith & Lion Goodman
- Soul-Centered – Sarah McLean
- Power of Now – Eckhart Tolle
- Fully Present – Susan L. Smalley, PhD & Diana Winston
I will continue to add recommendations periodically, so check back often!